Thursday, January 6, 2011

12 years

The first year after my dad passed away my mom and I looked back and said "I can't believe we survived the first year. Just barley, but we survived."

It's been 12 years. Holy cow. I still miss him. It doesn't ache like it did a few years ago, and time does help, but I will always miss him.

We remember in different ways each year. We don't have a set tradition, but we remember. I think that first year it was eating Hamburger Helper with my mom in mine and Todd's new (and 1st) apartment. TC was just little. Some years, when there is snow, we've made it over to the cemetery to build a snowman and just laugh and be together. Some years I take flowers. Other years, like this one it will be a phone call to my mom to tell her I love her and chin up for the day.

I can't believe how time fly's and passes at others, but it does and one day we will all be together again.

Love you dad. You have some awesome grandsons waiting to meet you. Kick them in the butt for me once and a while, and maybe their mom too, when she needs it ;-)

Connie


3 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

Very sweet, I was thinking about your dad's funeral yesterday. There were bag pipes on the tv and I remember them playing those at your dad's funeral because I started to cry. I didn't get to go to my dad's funeral. But it is ok. Even though our dad's graves are not near by they are in our hearts. I can't wait for my dad to see my kids again either. Chin up today Connie, you have always been a very strong woman. I have always admired that aout you. :)

Whitney said...

What an awesome post about your dad. I remember my parents only having great things to say about him. What an amazing man and what an amazing daughter he had.

oodlesofoversons said...

I love that post. I can't even imagine how I'll still be feeling in 11 more years. You have a great attitude. And a special guardian angel!