Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My family

I love my little family! I'm so thankful for the support they give me. As you know I recently got a job at American Eagle Airline, and dragged my family to Texas. Its been rough for me being away while at training being gone all the time, but its been worse, I think, on the family.

Connie is a trooper! She has stuck behind me through thick and thin, cool flights to awesome places that she couldn't go on, full time work and school, helping write papers, being a single parent, and putting up with ME (love you babe). She is now doing basically the same thing, minus the schooling on my part, by herself, in a new place, in a new state, and no family help. She is my better half, and keeps me on the straight and narrow. Thank you for all the hard work and support!

Each of the boys have made a lot of sacrifices as well. Being taken out of a school that they liked, ripped from the friends and family they love, time from they're dad, and moved to a new state. We have had a few break downs of home sickness. Its hard for them. We have tried to help them adjust the best we can. They have made some friends and its been hard to explain that most people here have different values here. We are doing the best we can to help them, and I'm thankful for their trust in Connie and I, even though they don't understand some times.

I love everyone of them so much and couldn't imagine life without them. Love you guys!

3 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

awesome post, Todd. At least you realize how blessed you are to have the kids you have and most importantly, the wife you have!! You guys are awesome and before you know it, you'll be settled in there and you'll have people there around you that will become your family away from family. (does that make sense?) Much luck to you all on this new adventure!

Shelby said...

Congrats on the job and I hope it works out well for you! You are very blessed to have the family you have... knowing Connie for as long as I have I know how awesome and patient she is. Your kids are very lucky to have you both as parents as well. They will adjust... it will be hard but in time they will be back to normal. Good luck with everything and keep us posted! i love your guys' blog!

Jen Lynn said...

I like that you post on here Todd. You're family is the greatest! It takes a while to get used to places, but you'll find there are great people every where you go. Enjoy Texas!