Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

A new house, a new job, a new state, a new school (for the boys), new ward, NEW YEAR!

Man, I read back at my post of the New Year last year and it was a little depressing, but then I again, I was a little depressed. This year is different. The family (Todd's parents, my mom, and the 4 youngest of Todd's siblings) helped move us down here the 27th. It took 2 days of driving to get here, and one night in a hotel waiting for our contract to go through so we had a place to officially live. The process seemed to take forever. But we made it, in one piece, with all our stuff in one piece.
The family stayed and helped for a few days to unpack. We spent New Years Eve watching movies, and lamely yelling Happy New Year about 5 min after midnight. lol. But it was a great way to ring in the new year. I couldn't have asked for better people surrounding me (well some of the family was missing...I guess it would have been a little better with them around ;) ).
The house is awesome. It's kind of a diamond in the rough....or not so rough, maybe more like a lucky find. It is in a good little neighborhood, and the ward seems awesome! It takes a while to get anywhere worth going, like church, school, grocery store, but that's OK. I am working on not feeling too lonely, but have made it through my first couple of nights with Todd out of town and just the boys and I at home. I miss all my family and friends. I got a little used to having constant noise, but looking forward to our new adventure. I am having fun decorating it and making a house a home.
I am happy to be ringing in a new year this way and look forward to a great year! Our doors are always welcome to family and friends looking to come down and visit, or passing through, or here on business or whatever, we would love to have company any time.

Here is to a New Year and hoping it's a great one!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Glad you made it!!! Hopefully it's warmer there than here! ;)

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

I am so happy for you guys to finally be settled somewhere of your own. You will get the hang of Texas soon. I am jealous. I bet it is warm there. I am dying for summer to come.