Monday, January 31, 2011

Can you say Clutz? I can, & I can show you what it means.


I'm such a clutz...I know it could happen to any one but still. I really wish I had an AWESOME story to go with this picture. You know, like, I totally did an awesome trick on my snowboard and biffed it hard, something along those lines. But, nope. I was simply walking back to the car after getting my hair done and stepped down to what I thought was going to be the street curb. Instead it was a drain.

Let me explain something just a little. Here in TX there is a slope down to the street not a drop off curb. And every so often there is a big drain with a steep down slope in to the drainage area. I hope that makes sense (pain killers are making me a little fuzzy). One of these drains is what I stepped into. I was standing one minute and hanging onto the door for dear life a second later.

Anyway. So from the way things looked I think when I stepped down my right ankle rolled toward the drain and I caught myself with my left foot which I think rolled also. Not sure though a little fuzzy on the details. You can't tell from the pictures and the wrap, but my ankle is huge and my toes slightly resemble fat sausages. lol

Good news: neither is broken. Just pretty ugly sprain on the right and a little bit lesser sprain on the left. With-in a couple of days I should be walking pretty good and feeling tons better. Also, the Dr. gave me a 3 day work release form. Think I can turn that in?
Bad news: I lost a pretty dang cute shoe down the drain and I don't think I'll get it back.

7 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

Love the toes! Also sorry but I don't think in our field of expertise we can turn in work release forms. Oh well we are tough. Also sorry for you losing your shoes but I am guessing they were sandals and since it is so cold here I have to wear boots I don't have any simpathy for you. :P lol

Christensen Kids said...

No, it was a shoe. My cute silver ones that I've only had for about 3 months. And it's supposed to drop back down to 30 tomorrow. I guess you'll just have to come visit soon :-)

oodlesofoversons said...

BUMMER!! The good news is that your toes look fabulous! That stinks about your shoe though, I'd be mad!! I hope all those boys (& one man) let you cash in the 3 day reprieve!

Handsfullmom said...

Darn! I hope you heal quickly.

Whitney said...

Ow!!! I'm sorry! Hope the meds are working and you'll be back on your "feet" in no time... (or you'll have help and permission to lay in bed, whichever suits your fancy!)

Julie said...

How did you get yourself to the hospital??? Did you have to crawl? :) I sprained my ankle a few times and it is PAINFUL!!! I sat and cried for 10 minutes after...are you using a wheel chair or something? I'm so sorry!

Christensen Kids said...

Todd was waiting in the car. Thank goodness he was with me. It was his idea to take me to the hospital because after the 20 min ride home I was in just as much pain as I was when it first happened (still crying of corse, because I'm a little bit of a baby). No wheelchair, but it did make me laugh when they handed me crutches. I didn't know which foot to lean on. lol