Saturday, January 29, 2011

Men vs Women!

This morning while cooking breakfast Connie asked me what I was thinking about. I answered with “nothing,” and she went off about how she doesn’t understand how I cannot be thinking about anything. We have had this conversation, men’s minds vs women’s, many times. After she asked me that, I started thinking about all the differences in men and women we’ve learned over our almost 12 years of marriage.

I am going to share some information that may be useful to those who read our blog (mostly women) about the differences of the two sexes. Connie and I watched a DVD that my parents had called, Laugh Your Way To a Better Marriage. I can’t remember the name of the Pastor who made it, but he is good.

Some of the Ideas that I share come form this Pastor and some are things that we have discovered on our own. First, you need to understand how our brains differ. Women have millions of wires that run throughout their entire though process. These wires touch, cross, and intersect all over the place. What does this mean? You women can have a million different thoughts at once, and can never be thinking about “nothing.” It does not compute with the way you think.

Men, on the other hand do not have wires, we have boxes. We have one box for every though we have. These boxes never touch, and we can only be in one box at a time. Men also have what is called the “nothing” box. That’s right, we have a box that is filled with absolutely nothing. It’s very easy for us to get into our nothing box, it’s HUGE! Probably the biggest box we have (next to the “intimate” box, just keeping it PG). I know it’s hard to understand, but we can think about “nothing”.

Another way to look at it is women have several mind tracks, I tell Connie she has at least 8, while men (myself included) only have one. The final insight I have is about intimacy. When it comes to being intimate with your spouse (share this with them because they may not have figured it out yet) women are like crock-pots and men are like microwaves. I won’t elaborate on this topic, just think about it.

I hope this helps shed some light on the ways we differ from each other. If it didn’t, I hope you had a good laugh. I’m sure after this is posted, Connie will post with her view on things.

1 comment:

Rebecca Adams said...

Haha... that's pretty funny! I'm gonna have to read this post to my husband. I think he'll get a kick out of it. :)